The Cogent V8 Challenge Cup
Kiwi V8 race fans can look forward to a double dose of top-class V8 action at five of this year's BNT V8 SuperTourer events with the Cogent-backed V8 Challenge Cup once again the premier support class for the 2013 series.
It is a fact that many V8 touring cars from the past few seasons are either for sale or simply not being raced due to budget constraints - particularly around the North Island. The V8 Challenge Cup provides all of those keen to race on a big stage within a tight budget with the opportunity to do so. Not only that, but we commence with the Cogent Cup that will provide a prize fund of $20,000 to awarded during the season.
There is a significant pool of these cars in New Zealand prevented from racing due to costs and we want to help get them back on the track where they belong - if you have a TL schedule car and you want to be part of the largest profile series in New Zealand, then look no further than the V8 Challenge Cup.
What is it?
• The V8 Challenge Cup is designed to provide cost effective racing for those seeking the opportunity to race in a V8 touring car category as part of the new BNT V8SuperTourer series.
• The V8 Challenge Cup series is the principal support for the five North Island BNT V8SuperTourer events
Who can run in the series?
• It is an affordable TL based V8 touring car feeder series for the premier BNT V8 SuperTourer category or the Australian V8 Supercar category.
• It is the principal support category for the BNT V8 SuperTourer series.
• It will appeal to many types of driver and will be the perfect showcase for young drivers wanting to show their talents or more seasoned drivers with greater TL car experience.
• The V8 Challenge Cup scholarship Star of Tomorrow will provide a perfect opportunity for up-and-coming drivers to try and secure a drive with one of the V8 SuperTourer teams in the 2013 serie
• At each round, a scholarship competitor (not necessarily the round winner) will be selected to drive the V8 SuperTourer prototype race car.
• The V8 Challenge Cup will also enjoy terrestrial television coverage on TV3's Gillette Motorsport show with all five rounds screened in a delayed highlights programme - perfect for any driver or car sponsor.
• The V8 Challenge Cup has the potential for fantastic racing utilising many excellent New Zealand V8 touring cars built over the past few seasons that face becoming obsolete. This series offers an unrivalled high profile and professionally delivered series for owners of TL-Schedule race cars.
• It is a series with many cost effective technical solutions to lessen the cost of running a current New Zealand V8 touring car, such as reduced engine rev limit and a cost effective monitored use of tyres, as well as shorter race distances and closer action.